We at Island Slipper value you as a customer and respect your privacy.
We welcome your questions, feedback and requests.
Call 1-800-657-7796 or 1-808-485-2621
Mail Island Slipper Factory LTD, Attn: Website Privacy, 98-711 Kuahao Pl, Pearl City, HI 96782
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways: To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. To quickly process your transactions. To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature. If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
We may also share specific information upon the government's request, in response to a court order, when we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or where otherwise permitted by law, in connection with any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our company or assets. If another company acquires our company or assets, that company may possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the consents and responsibilities regarding your personal information.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we use a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Do we use "cookies"?
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include our business. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production. To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Privacy of Children
We’re committed to protecting the rights of children. Our website is not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you believe that a child younger than 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us so we can help.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the CCPA) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information.
You have the right to opt-out of Island Slipper’s sale of your personal information.
You have the right to request deletion of the personal information collected or maintained by Island Slipper. Please note that deleting your information will remove your purchase history from our records and we’ll be unable provide you with a record of your purchases.
You have the right to request that Island Slipper disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell (does not apply if requested more than twice in a 12-month period), including:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
In order to protect your information from unauthorized deletion or disclosure, we will verify your request using three pieces of Personal Information that can be verified against data previously collected from you and in our systems.
- Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf (your designated authorized agent), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. Please note that any third-party agent services are required to be registered in the state of California in order to act on your behalf.
- We will request your name, mailing address, and email address from you in order to complete the verification process. We will also request some additional information, such as: last four digits of your credit card, last item ordered, date of last order, total dollar charge of last order, last item you returned, name of person you have shipped to in the past, or a monogram you have placed on a recent order.
- When it is not possible to match three pieces of Personal Information, we may engage a third-party verification service to avoid fraudulent or malicious intent.
- We will only use personal information provided provide to us for this purpose to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
- When we are not able to verify your request, we must deny the request, but will communicate the reason for such denial to you.
- We collect the following categories of personal information Identifiers; personal information listed in the CA Customer Records statute (such as payment information), characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, or visual information; sensory data, such as audio and visual recordings; inferences drawn from other personal information, such as: your preferences and behaviors.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose Identifiers; personal information listed in the CA Customer Records statute (such as payment information); characteristics of protected classifications under the California or federal law; commercial information; internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; inferences drawn from other personal information, such as: your preferences and behaviors.
- We disclose personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of Service Providers Shipping companies, shipment processing companies, registration platforms, printing companies, event planners and operators, data brokers, technology companies, cloud service providers, analytics companies, fraud protection and investigation companies, payment processors, credit card issuer, media companies/platforms.
- Per the CCPA’s definition of sell, we sell the following categories of personal information in order to deliver a more personalized experience and to show you products that we think you’ll be interested in Identifiers; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity; geolocation data.
- Per the CCPA’s definition of sell, we sell personal information to the following categories of vendors Data brokers, credit card issuer, and media companies/platforms.
Right To Know
If you’d like to make a Right to Know request, click here or contact us at 1-800-657-7796.
We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days.
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) business days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 business days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. You may make a Right to Know request up to twice in a 12-month period. We will deliver our written response by mail or secure email.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your Right to Know request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Right To Delete
If you’d like to make a Right to Delete request, click here or contact us at 1-800-657-7796.
If you simply want to stop receiving emails, please click the Unsubscribe button in the email that you have received.
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we collected or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
Impacts of deletion include:
- Your purchase history will no longer be accessible
- We will not be able to look up your transactions for returns, previous gifts, or repairs
- You will be required to provide a receipt for any future returns
- You will no longer have access to your Island Slipper account at islandslipper.com
Please note, we will continue to maintain limited information needed to comply with product recalls, fraud prevention, and other legal and business requirements.
We do have alternatives if you are unsure if deleting your personal information is the best option for you. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 657-7796 to inquire about the following:
- Removal from our mailing list
- Unsubscribing from or limiting emails
In order to delete your information, the following steps are required by the law:
- You submit a request to delete, and
- We will separately confirm with you that you want your information deleted.
If we are unable to verify a Request for Delete, your request will be treated as a request to Opt-Out of the sale of your personal information, and we will notify you.
Once we receive and confirm your deletion request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, within 45 business days, unless an exception applies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If you’d like to make a Do Not Sell request, click here or contact us at 1-800-657-7796.
You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out").
We will process your Opt-Out request within 15 business days and will notify third parties of your request.
Island Slipper may deny a request, if it is deemed fraudulent.
You may change your mind and opt back into personal information sales at any time by contacting us.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only